Thursday, January 5, 2012

I am not a runner

This is what I would have told you in high school: I am not a runner. I hate running and it is not for me.

This is what I will tell you now. I think I might be a runner.

I don't know what happened, but it all started with being bored. I literally had nothing to do, so I joined the running club at Laughlin AFB (Air Force Base). The first week, I had a hard time running 2 miles.

Yup. Two miles. AND we were training for a half marathon.

Anyway, a couple months later, I was at the starting line of my first half marathon.




















And 13.1 grueling, awful miles later, I was at the finish line. SO happy to be done. It was pretty rough (although I did manage to smile for a minute)
















So, you think I would have learned my lesson, but noo, I had to go do another half marathon, but at least that one wasn't quite as terrible as the first one. (But it was freezing...and snowing!)














And then I had to go and volunteer to do TWO more half marathons in the next two months. But you know what? I think I'm starting to like running.

Hopefully I'll get around to full marathon by the end of the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment