Monday, March 19, 2012

Meatless March Meal #6: Butternut Squash Soup

I have been on a search for the perfect Butternut Squash soup since I got married. I don't know why, but I am very particular about my soups, and I have yet to find the perfect butternut squash soup. But I think this one is close. I think I just added too much curry.

However, I would still give a 7 out of 10. Better if I hadn't added too much curry powder. But it's actually really good on rice.

Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients 6-8 servings }} prep time: 20 min }} cook time: 4-5 1/2 hours
2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
1 firm apple, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 yellow onion
5 C vegetable stock/broth
1 T curry powder (maybe a little less)
1/4 t ground cloves
salt & pepper
1. Combine squash, onion, and apple in Crockpot.

2. Mix together vegetable stock, curry, and cloves in a separate bowl. Pour into Crockpot and cook on LOW for 5 - 5 1/2 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.

3. After done cooking, process in blender for a few seconds until desired consistency.
4. Eat and enjoy! {And if you don't like it as a soup, put it over rice. If you're planning on doing it over rice, consider using less vegetable stock to make it a little thicker}

No comments:

Post a Comment