Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The 26.2-Mile Project {Week 2}

Well, in accordance with my post a couple weeks ago, here is an update of my 26.2-mile project.



Monday 4/16:  2-3 miles {We ran 6 because my running buddy wanted to}
Tuesday 4/17: 3-4 miles {We ran 0...oops again!}
Wednesday 4/18: 2-3 miles {We ran 4}
Thursday 4/19: 3-4 miles {We ran 3}
Friday: 6-7 miles {I ran 7}

Total mileage: 20 miles. Not too shabby, though my goal was 21. This week's goal: 25 miles




Let me tell you a couple things about running:

I'm at the point where I don't enjoy it yet

Running in the morning is much better idea 
than running in the evening 
{I ran my 7 miles at 6pm on Friday night and it was still 88 degrees outside
...bad idea}

Be prepared to take cold showers
{you will actually want to}

Sometimes, it is so hard to keep going...
...but you just have to

Run with someone {if you can}
it makes running a million times more enjoyable

You will never regret doing it when you've finished

Right when you want to give up, is right at the point where you shouldn't

It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you keep going.

4 comments:

  1. I have never really enjoyed running, I just LOVE THE FEELING AFTER I RUN :) For that I will keep on doing it. Love this post and your new goals! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of how I feel as well. Both the not enjoying it and the amazing feeling after. My friend who has now run over 20 marathons said that she hated running the first two years she did it. {Still think it's crazy that she's run over 20 marathons! I think it'll be a miracle to make it through one!}

      Delete
  2. YAY Elyse! You are amazing! Wish we were running together!

    ReplyDelete