Thursday, May 24, 2012

This End Leads to a New Beginning

This morning, as I sit in my quiet house, I have been pondering this past year and how tonight is going to completely change the next three.

Tonight is Drop Night. Or in Air Force pilot training terms, this is one of the big nights. Most guys might think it bigger than graduation even. 

Tonight is the night that everyone in Jordan's class will find out what plane they will be flying for the next 10 years {or so} of their lives, and where they will be living the next three years.

It's kind of a big deal.

{I am so grateful to Jordan for all his hard work this past year.}

Let me tell you a little bit about pilot training:

Twelve hour days. Every day.

Sometimes show time is 5 am {which means he gets home at 5 pm}
Sometimes it's 9 am {which means he gets home at 9 pm}

When he's not flying
He's studying
Even when he's home.

We have one day a week together
{Saturday, half of Sunday}

An incredible amount of stress

The constant feeling of failure
and pressure

Sometimes I don't see my husband literally all day
From 5 am till 9 pm 
because of our different schedules


There's more, but I think you get the idea. It's stressful; it's hard; and...
IT'S ALMOST OVER!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys :) the best is yet to come... at least thats what I tell myself since my husband is still deployed! :P We don't quite know what its like in the "real" AF yet, since his real assignment hasn't started yet. Hope you get something gooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and GREAT JOB. I know a lot of his success can be attributed to your support and love. We love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you both to learn where you'll be living (hopefully someplace nice) and to start a new chapter in your lives. My fiance and I are on different schedules as well (though for different reasons) so I totally know how hard it can be to not see your man as much as you'd like. Hopefully the worst is over now :)

    ReplyDelete