Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Naughty Word



There is one very naughty word I have said or thought many, many times in my life.

It has gotten me into a lot of trouble.

It has cost me a lot of money.

It has even lost me friends, things, opportunities, and more.

The word?

Later.





I have this really, really bad habit of putting things off.

"I'll do it later."

Why? Because I'll have more time, energy, ideas, ability, etc later.

So this blog that has been neglected? It's because I'm always to write an entry "later," "when I have more time, ideas, followers" {ha on that last one!}


See, there are several problems with the word later.

I'm terribly forgetful.
I lose focus.
I realize that later is just as busy as now.
Those ideas I thought would come later, didn't.
Sometimes later is too late.

So now, to my readers and to myself, I make a pledge.

No more later.

No more putting off the dishes, or ignoring e-mails, or neglecting my blog.

I can do it now. {Or I can at least write a reminder to myself if I really really can't do it now. i.e. I am driving :)}


1 comment: