Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Internet Absence + 20 Facts

I have been without Internet the past couple of days and will continue to be without Internet for the next few. I’ll just be on here for a few minutes. So I promise, if you’re trying to get a hold of me, I’m not ignoring you, I’m just not online. Don’t worry though, I’ve got some fun things for you to read.

To continue with the blog challenge, here are 20 facts about me that you may {or may not} know:

{My cat can literally run up our fence and walk on top. Fun fact.}


I don’t have a favorite color. {I think that any color can be beautiful.}

I’ve been to over 16 different countries and over half the U.S. states. {Most of the different countries are ones in Europe}

I am a black belt in Karate and I’ve competed in Nationals twice. {It took 10 years to get that. Definitely not easy.}

I used to play the clarinet when I was in middle school. {I was even 3rd or 4th chair, depending on the week.}

My back is extremely ticklish. Extremely. If my husband touches it, I may just go crazy with laughter.

I am much goofier than you might imagine. Seriously. Especially around really cute things {kittens, babies, my husband, etc}

I am a self-motivated amateur photographer. {Check out my Facebook page Elyse Alexandria Photography!}

I hate cockroaches with a fiery passion. Even more than I hate spiders. {Ugh. I hate they way they crunch. It freaks me out. I even hate the word. This is a big deal though because guess how many cockroaches we have seen in our house in the past 4 months. Guess! Like 15!! Okay, not a ton, but kind of still a ton!! Gross!}

My skin tans really easily. But I have to be outside J {The couple of years, I’ve had either full time jobs or full time school, so I wasn’t out in the sun much. This year, I’ve been getting more tan.}

I really enjoy eating healthy because it makes me feel good, but sometimes I just want a big bowl of ice cream or some tasty movie theater popcorn {only movie theater kind though, it’s the best}

I talk in my sleep. Ask my husband. Or my family. Or past roommates.

Papa John’s Pizza is the absolute best take out pizza. {not really a fact about me, but something you all should know.}

I have a tendency to drive a little bit on the fast side. My husband on the other hand, drives like a grandpa. Sooo sloow. I often tell him that the speed limit is actually 5 miles faster than he is currently going.

I like running. Kind of. I’m not very good at it, but I like how I feel after I run. Maybe some day I will get better. Maybe.

I LOVE pineapples and pineapple juice. Love it. If I could only have one juice for the rest of my life, it would be pineapple, hands down. {The best way to prepare pineapple juice btw, is to pour it into the blender and blend it for a couple of seconds. It becomes all frothy and yummy}

I may have a crush on Dr. Wilson from House. Probably the weird celebrity crush anyone has had, but dang, he is a good-looking man. ;)

I could listen to Taylor Swift all day {and have}. I love her voice. I love her songs. I love her passion. She seems like the sweetest person ever. Plus she is so stinkin’ gorgeous!



When I went to college, I KNEW what I was going to be when I grew up. I was going to be a high school music teacher. I was going to major in music education, vocal emphasis, and my life was going to be great. Well, after a semester of being around the people in the music program, I just didn’t fit in with that atmosphere. I completely changed my whole life and majored in English instead, with a minor in editing, and I would never ever go back.

Because of that change, I got the chance to work at three different magazines. I’ve been published in three magazines. Two of those magazines are published internationally. And one is translated into over 40 languages. Pretty neat huh? I was really blessed to get those jobs.

I’m kind of a hoarder, but not a really bad one. I just have a hard time throwing things away. But I can!! I can do it! And I don’t collect junk. Case in point: I have a pair of sandals that I bought several years ago. I really haven’t worn them much because their so high, but I had spent a good amount of money on them, so I didn’t want to throw them out or give them away. I still have them and I’m actually wearing them! Five years after the fact J

I’m not much of a jewelry person. It’s not that I don’t like it {I actually love jewelry and I would definitely wear it!}; it’s just that it takes too much time for me to figure out if it looks good, matches my outfit, etc. I wish I were better at that sort of thing. I don’t know, maybe I just need to organize my jewelry better.

My husband is super awesome. He’s a pilot in the Air Force. He’s really tall. He’s the best snuggler. He’s so sweet. He gave me most of these ideas J

1 comment:

  1. I love this.. I am in total agreement with papa johns pizza.. And it is so cheap! Double win! I could put pineapples in any food I eat..pizza, chicken, salad....love them!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete